Welcome to the Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) section of the learning center!
Here you will be able to find all the training you need for all of the products and services on the Fixed income Clearning Corporations's Mortgage-Backed Securities Division.
The Mortgage-Backed Securities Division (MBSD) is the sole provider of automated post-trade comparison, netting, electronic pool notification, pool comparison, pool netting and pool settlement services to the mortgage-backed securities market thus providing greater efficiency, transparency and risk mitigation to this specialized market.
What Members Need To Know
Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (“FICC”) would like to remind the Mortgage Backed Securities Division (“MBSD”) and the Government Securities Division (“GSD”) member firms of the guidelines that should be followed in the event that they are experiencing internal system issues and require an end-of-day extension to submit trade input.
In the event that members are experiencing system issues and require an extension beyond the 8:00 p.m. EST cutoff, please contact the IT Operations Group at 888-382-2721 (option 5-5).
Please note the following important key points:
- Members must contact the IT Operations Group by 7:30 pm EST to request a trade submission extension.
- Any request received after 7:30 p.m. EST will be handled on a best efforts basis.
- Upon request by a member, an automatic extension will be granted for a period of up to 30 minutes through 8:30 p.m. EST.
- If a member requires an additional 30 minute extension through 9:00 p.m. EST, FICC Operational staff may request additional information (i.e. volume, system status, etc.) in order to assess the request.
- If FICC Operations agrees to grant an additional 30 minute extension through 9 p.m. EST, an email notice will be sent to all members alerting them of the delay in the transmission of end-of-day output beyond typical distribution timeframes. FICC will send status update alerts to member every 15 minutes thereafter with the estimated timeframe for publishing the end-of-day data output.
If you have any questions, please contact your Relationship Manager.
To learn more about MBS products and services, please select a topic that you would like to learn about from the menu located to the left of this article.