This process describes the preliminary areas that need to be addressed in order for a client to subscribe to MTU. It focuses on the overall aspects of the Client engagement and Integration planning stages of the implementation process. A Client’s Relationship Manager (RM) and a dedicated Integration team operating in the client’s region guides the client through the entire implementation, from initial communication to Go Live. Once the Integration team has completed the client’s documentation, the RM team works closely with the Integration team to complete the implementation.
Client Engagement and Legal & Compliance Documentation
- Initial Communication
- Determine Eligibility
- Client completion of User Agreement, Questionnaire & Integration Statement of Work
- Compliance review
- Planning and Client Implementation
- Completion of Client Onboarding Documentation
- Coordination of AcadiaSoft, ALERT, Custodian Intergration, and Triparty Agent integration
Client Setup/ Configuration
- Reference Data and Account Setup
- Connectivity setup and testing
- Entitlement/ Access setup
- Product Subscriptions (Standard Messaging and/or Triparty Messaging)
- Account setup including SSI (ALERT Subscription), Counterparty and Agreement AMP IDs (AcadiaSoft), Client Identifier Cross Reference (CIX), Custodian Intergration, and Triparty Agent integration.
Training and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Client Training
- Client User Acceptance Testing
Once the client has completed testing, the Integration Consultant will work with the client to confirm the ‘Go Live’ date.
# Name Description Added On 1 MTU Service Description New!
This document provides an overview of DTCC-Euroclear Global Collateral Ltd.’s Margin Transit Utility (MTU) services and onboarding procedures. Version 7 (Release 12).
Jul 10, 2019
Interested in GlobalCollateral?
Are you an existing client?
For existing clients with connectivity questions or requiring MTU support, please contact the Client Contact Center using any of the following contact numbers:
US Toll Free 866-679-6206 Netherlands 0800-0222584 United Kingdom 08-082346838 France 0800-911489
Regulatory reform of the OTC derivatives market is creating many strategic and tactical industry challenges that are driving change at an unprecedented pace and that need to be overcome, including:
- A changing collateral management regulatory landscape and its requisite compliance requirements
- A desire to have a more efficient operations process
- A strategic move from high fixed cost to a flexible variable cost infrastructure
The challenges outlined above are but a few of the current demands put upon firms’ overall resources. These resources are in many cases already stressed or even unavailable for work on strategic objectives due to tactical demands.
DTCC-Euroclear Global Collateral Limited (GlobalCollateral) was formed as a market response to these demands. GlobalCollateral brings together the two foremost industry-owned shared service providers - DTCC and Euroclear - to create a unique industry collateral management platform. This platform provides a solution that the industry demands for both the strategic and tactical issues.
Messaging and Reporting Essentials
This section contains messaging information for both MTU's Standard Margin Call and Triparty Messaging Services.
Standard Margin Call Messaging Workflows...
Diagrams that explain the messaging workflows for the different types of Margin Calls handled by MTU's Margin Call Messaging Service.
MT558 Status Definitions...
Status definitions used by the MTU in the MT558 status update message and GUI interface
What are the Implementation Requirements?
Ensure that you have completed the following prerequisites in order for the MTU to track your collateral and settlement activity correctly:
- Complete the MTU onboarding process in its entirety including Message subscriptions & Connectivity set-up.
- Be a member of AcadiaSoft Messaging Platform (AMP) and match margin calls on this platform. This step is required as the MTU only processes margin calls in "pledge accepted” status via AcadiaSoft
- Be a subscriber to the ALERT® platform and have Standing Settlement Instructions (SSIs) correctly set up in the ALERT platform's database for collateral SSIs (See the ALERT Best Practices documentation for information on ALERT Compliance for MTU).
- Complete the mapping of AcadiaSoft agreements to the Standing Settlement Instructions in the ALERTplatform's database via the MTU’s Client Identifier Cross Reference (CIX) utility.
The documents in this section detail the new features and enhancements added to MTU for each release. The MTU Release Notes are useful for clients who want to gain an understanding of any new changes to system functionality. You must be logged in in order to download the documents.